Tuesday 6 August 2013

Top 8 Summer Lip Products

Hey girls :) Today, we will be showing you four lip products each, which we find we have been using continuously during this hot summer! Hope you will enjoy reading this :) x

Avneesh's Picks
These are the 4 lip products which have been my go-to this summer. They are not in any particular order of favourites and I love different things about each of them. :)

L'Oreal Glamshine stain splash 101 Lolita
I love how this lip colour gives my lips a natural look, its also not very sticky. However I don't like the formula much because it just gives a weird feeling on my lips, but I don't mind it much, however it does dry my lips sometimes. It feels very light on the lips. The pigmentation of the colour I have isn't great but I think its just the colour. However it isn't a stain because it doesn't last long.

I really wanted this lip-gloss but I thought all of them had sparkles in them which I am not a huge fan of. This being expensive I wanted a colour which I could wear in any season. When I went to the Dior counter they had enormous number of colours which were all so lovely. I love this colour and it isn't very sticky. It doesn't have any smell at all. The pigmentation is great, it lasts long and the packaging is pretty.

This is a very summery colour, and it does have silver sparkles in it but they are not over powering. It lasts well it has a slight vanilla smell but it just goes away when I apply it. It brightens my face up and I like to use it on bright summer days.

This has been my go-to for a while now. I will definitely be buying more colours in it because its moisturising, easy to apply, lasts well and a very wearable colour. It has a minty smell which I don't mind but some people might not like it. It is a twist up so there is no worry about sharpening. It is one of my favourite drugstore products. 

Here is a picture of how they look on my lips :)



Karen's Picks
After reading Avneesh's recommendations, it's time to hear about mine :) Also, I'm sorry that I can't show you how they look on my lips, because my lips are so dry (sunburnt) right now, so I don't want to dry them out even more by reapplying four different lip products :/ But I have done swatches on my hand, hope you won't mind :P  

This lipstick has been talked about by a lot of Youtubers, I know that Zoella wears it quite often in her videos. I, personally, have a love-hate relationship with this product. I love the shade, and the lipstick is ridiculously creamy which I love! However, when I was wearing this in the UK, it dried my lips and it was pretty annoying! Luckily, this does not apply to me anymore- I don't know if it is because I'm in Hong Kong now, or what, but I love how this looks on me :) 

I feel like this product is an underdog product, because I don't hear a lot people talk about this! This is basically a lip cream which is SO pigmented and it lasts for about 4-5 hours!! It smells lovely too :) This is such a fun colour for summer! I wish Collection has brought out more shades as it only has four at the moment :/ 

I'm sure all of you know how amazing these Revlon lipsticks are!! I particularly like this shade when I want a casual look during summer. I think this is like a 'your lips but better' with a bit of red undertone to it which will suit a lot different skin tone :) 

I have put this lipstick to the last, not because I don't like it as much as the others, but it's because this may not be available worldwide. I got this at an Etude House store in Hong Kong, which is a Korean brand. So, I'm so sorry if you can't get this at your country :/ Anyway, it's a bright pink shade which is lovely for summer :) Also, the packaging of these lipsticks are just so beautiful!! 



So, here are our 8 summer lip products! Are any of them your summer lip products too? Let us know :) x




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML